Sunday, January 01, 2012

You call yourself a Blogger?

Seriously? 11 updates in the last 2 years? And you call yourself a Blogger?

No, I don’t. Not really.

I can’t say I’ve called myself a Blogger for quite some time now. Work, health, life and yes, death have all thrown up obstacles to my maintaining The Gunsmoke Files over the last couple of years. That and a general lack of enthusiasm on my part. Mostly the last one.

But in my defense, does anybody even read Blogs these days, much less write them? What with Facebook and Twitter and a kazillion other ways to stay connected 24x7, who takes the time to sit and write anything more than 140 characters on any kind of regular basis? And who wants to read what they have to say? Will I even have a readership, if I start this back up again?

Well, based upon the number of people I’ve spoken to in the last few weeks who’ve asked why I no longer update The Gunsmoke Files, there does appear to be a sizeable audience still out there. OK, maybe not sizeable. Three. Three people have asked me in recent weeks why I no longer update the Gunsmoke Files.

Dammit, my audience needs me!

And so, for you three, and you know who you are, I shall dust off The Gunsmoke Files, and step once more into the role of Your Faithful Correspondent. With regular updates. I promise.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back - we missed you!
Grant (in Largs.... where it is a wee bit windy)

Daniela said...

Make that four! So glad to see you back writing!