Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Hi! Remember Me?

So it’s been a while, huh? I suppose I could rattle off a whole bunch of excuses as to why The Gunsmoke Files hasn’t been updated in weeks, or updated with new material in even longer, work stuff, pipe band drama, personal headaches and general weariness coupled with a mere 24 hours in each day. But that wouldn’t really achieve anything.

Instead, I should just cut to the chase and say thank you for continuing to check the site for updates. (I’m assuming that if you’re reading this, then you are in fact checking the site.) I also wanted to let you know that the teeny part of my brain which looks after creativity has been giving signals that it’s ready to start work again, which means it’s time for me to put fingers to keyboard.

New Gunsmoke Files are on their way, although I’ve decided to dispense with the tyranny of my self-imposed 1,100 words, every Tuesday, rain or shine. Some anecdotes just don’t fit into such a neat window and I’m tired of trying to make them. Some might be longer, others shorter, as the tale requires. They’ll also appear on different days of the week, as the muse and available time present themselves. But they will be coming.

So again, thank you again for continuing to look in, and watch this space.

6 comments:

Miss Cellania said...

Hey, stranger! Yes, by all means write when and as much as you please. Setting rules for yourself only complicates matters and stifles creativity. You aren't answering to any editor but yourself! I look forward to reading anything you may care to write.

Anonymous said...

OHHH GOOODY! I cant wait. Give us what you got, when you got it and as much as you can! I missed you. I think of your story every time I see a deer!

Raggedy said...

Wooooooooooooohoooooooooooo!
Welcome back!
I look forward to hearing more..
I have missed you.

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Cool Raggedy one

Karen said...

Hey Andrew! I was beginning to wonder if hanging from the chandalier at the blogger meet was too much for you... say all the other excuses you want, we all know the truth!

I'm glad you're back and will be awaiting for an update. Tell your lovely wife hello from me :-)

Skunkfeathers said...

LOL...it's your site and you can write when you want to.

I took a brief hiatus on my own site...so brief, it's ending in another couple of days. I came to the conclusion that I go for quantity over quality, so why try for quality? I'll leave that to the real writers ;)

Raggedy said...

Just a drive by.
Checking in...
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Cool Raggedy one